If you have just acquired one of the efficient plans offered by the Totalplay telecommunications company, you surely want to know how to change the Totalplay internet Wi-Fi password. Customizing the modem is undoubtedly an option to protect your signal from third parties, and in this post we will tell you how to change totalplay password step by step for you to configure or restart your device according to the assigned version or model, and best of all, quickly, easily and effectively.
Table of Contents
- 1 How to change the Totalplay wifi password, reset and more
- 1.1 Get to know your Totalplay modem
- 2 Configure your Totalplay modem and personalize it
- 3 How to reset the Totalplay modem?
- 3.1 Change the IP of the Totalplay modem
- 4 How to enter my Totalplay modem?
- 5 How do I know if my Totalplay modem signal is stolen?
- 6 How to increase the speed of the Totalplay modem?
- 7 Frequent questions
- 7.1 Why doesn't my Totalpaly modem light up the Internet led?
- 7.2 My modem login password is not accepted. What to do?
- 7.3 Does the Totalplay modem have any cost?
How to change the Totalplay wifi password, reset and more
In general, the first thing that people who contract the Internet service in corporate Totalplay consider is change modem password Totalplay business, although it can also be for domestic use.
In this particular case, the most common option is to purchase the Wuawei HG8245H model, as it is valued by Mexicans as one of the most efficient in terms of speed, strength, and web signal. But do you know how to change the Totalplay Wi-Fi password? Here we tell you the best way to customize it.
Because ultimately, the Totalplay modem is very versatile and easy to operate by any user, since it opens and closes with relative ease, allowing change totalplay password with just a few adjustments as will be seen throughout this post, being able to assign a name and password using the new Mi Totalplay mobile App, among additional maneuvers.
It should be noted that the previous method is not the only one, since the user can adjust his modem from the traditional PC, and from there update his security password, either by personal decision, or because he perceives that third-party users are usurping his signal. And for this purpose we will be giving the step by step and have the confidence on how to change the Totalplay wifi password.
It must be reiterated that it is always convenient to generate a new key that provides security to the device and thereby avoid possible theft of the signal. As a suggestion, the new password must contain an uppercase letter, a lowercase letter, a digit, plus a special character (@$%/&°, etc.).
Get to know your Totalplay modem
It is equally important that the user familiarize himself with or get to know his new device, beyond knowing how to change the Totalplay Wi-Fi password. Therefore, below we present the visible parts that these devices have:
- Whenever the LED light bulb is on and green, the router connection is operating properly.
- While if said LED is red, it is because there is no internet signal or there is a connection problem. In this case it is suggested to reset the Totalplay modem.
- It presents the connection input for telephones (RJ11).
- Presents the on/off command.
- The electricity input of the modem.
- Access for 3 decoders.
- The entrance to the Ethernet cable (RJ45).
- The connection input of the fiber optic cable.
Configure your Totalplay modem and personalize it
Now yes, once its parts are identified, and it is known how to change the Totalplay wifi password, it is time to move on to the next point. This begins once the installation of the internet plan that has been contracted with the company is carried out, and proceed effectively to its configuration, with the purpose of personalizing it, even as suggested by the following proposals:
- The first thing is to install the Totalplay modem through a network cable or Wi-Fi signal, in addition, such guidelines can be followed perfectly by mobile, tablet or computer.
- Then open the internet browser of preference, placing the IP in the bar: 192.168.100.1.
- Next, the system will request the access credentials to execute the modem configuration; where should be written root, where says user y admin in the section of password without quotation marks.
- Then choose SSID Name, and write the preference name.
Then in the start menu WIRELESS INTERNET ACCESS, selecting the WPA PreShared Key.
- Then place the new Totalplay modem key, and when finished click Apply to save the changes made and proceed to restart the modem. Without forgetting the update of the data in the devices.
This operation can be carried out whenever the user considers it pertinent, that is, change the title of the Totalplay modem. In addition, a very common and functional practice to personalize it in tune with the business.
How to reset the Totalplay modem?
It is worth mentioning the fact that in addition to knowing how to change the Totalplay Wi-Fi password, the fact of restarting it can be especially useful in the event of any inconvenience with the internet installation, as one of the accurate and fast solutions. For this purpose there are 2 proposals to do it:
- Manually: on the back of the modem, there is a small command called reset. The same with the help of a pin or similar can be pressed for about 6 seconds or until the lights go out.
- In configuration: when entering the Totalplay modem with the IP, a tab called reset. This must be pressed and the device will turn off.
It is suggested in this sense, not to abuse this little button reset, because it can happen that said modem is unconfigured by being restarted so many times.
Change the IP of the Totalplay modem
For those users who are not satisfied with the original access key of the Totalplay router, or only choose to change the Totalplay Wi-Fi password for a security issue, the following guidelines allow you to change it quickly and efficiently.
However, before starting the Huawei Totalplay key change process, it is important to make sure that the model corresponds to the HG8245H, since it is in this device that the change maneuver is suggested, as it is one of those that is generally install:
- In the browser bar place the following series 192.168.100.1, these correspond to the information alluding to this IP Totalplay modem.
- Then, the system will request the user, and in this case, place root and the key, placing admin and click on enter.
- Then, a new window will be displayed, where you must choose WiFi.
- Then in the section SSID Name, place the preferred name of the network, and in the box WPA PreShared Key translate the new key to the Internet.
- Finally, click on Apply To save the changes.
- When saving the changes, it should close all the windows and search for the network now with the new name and newly assigned password.
As it was pointed out, the IP of the Totalplay modem is 192.168.100.1, and this can be modified starting from the configuration menu of the device. The following lines indicate the best way to change the Totalplay Wi-Fi password or the aforementioned IP:
- In the browser also place 192.168.100.1 and open the settings menu. Remember that you must have a Totalplay network connection.
- The system will request the access data, place root and in the key section, write admin.
- Then go to the tab lan, from there choose LAN Host Configuration.
- Next, the manufacturing IP will be observed, where it is possible to modify it through the universal format: 000.000.000.000.
- However, in mask subnet, no changes should be made, so that it will be: 255.255.255.0.
- Then click on Apply, at which time the modem will turn off; whose operation will not take about 5 minutes to turn on again.
In this case, it is suggested not to carry out these steps if you do not have a minimum knowledge of computers or without the support of a Totalplay executive, since the device could no longer be used.
How to enter my Totalplay modem?
For its part, the Huawei HG8245H Totalplay modem is a device with the potential to be customized and configured as desired. Therefore, if a user requires access to it, they can do so only by following the following simple guidelines:
- Connect to the Totalplay internet, either through Wi-Fi or through a network cable on the computer.
- Then in a reliable and preferably browser, place the IP in the address bar: 192.168.100.1.
- Then a window will be displayed where you must start a session in the Totalplay modem. And where it says user, write root and in password put admin.
- Already inside the Totalplay modem, it is possible to carry out the following configurations:
- Block outsiders who are detected stealing the signal.
- View other devices connected at that moment to the Wi-Fi network.
- Configure the Totalplay modem and/or change elements such as the name of the signal.
- Proceed to change the password of the Totalplay modem.
How do I know if my Totalplay modem signal is stolen?
Possibly, those users who keep the manufacturing Totalplay modem key, present eventual problems with the device, and when they decide to seek help or opt for information to know how to change the Totalplay Wi-Fi password, they become aware of the existence of people stealing the signal from Internet. In such cases, you may want to block these invasions as follows:
- Enter the Totalplay modem with the steps that have already been mentioned previously.
- Once inside the device, go to the tab called Status.
- Inside the menu, go to the section User device information. In this space, those devices that are connected to the internet signal at that time will be observed.
- It is then time to proceed to its blocking from the menu of IP filter settings. To do this, enter the IP of the device detected and not authorized.
If there are problems to remove such illegal devices from the modem, help can be requested by contacting the Totalplay customer service center, and have qualified personnel indicate the steps to follow in these cases. This option is available in the official web portal Company.
How to increase the speed of the Totalplay modem?
Now, if the problem that arises is an issue related to the speed that is received from the internet signal provided by Totalplay, the user also has some simple guidelines that can be followed to solve this type of issue:
- It may be time to switch to a plan that offers higher speed, because the current speed is probably not very efficient for you anymore.
- Certain devices connected to the network can be disconnected, in order not to share the current speed.
- Locate the Totalplay modem in another place, since it could be that there are possible interferences with its signal.
- Contact the Totalplay technical support center and request an installation verification visit.
Despite the fact that as much information as possible was provided so that any user knows how to change the Totalplay Wi-Fi password, there may be some aspects that generate doubts on this topic. For this reason, we wanted to leave some of the most common questions raised by some clients of this company, among which the following stand out:
Why doesn't my Totalpaly modem light up the Internet led?
In this case, if the Internet LED does not light up, it may be due to the fact that the signal from the company is not being received, so you should check what it is. Although in general, when this occurs it is due to general network problems, due to failures or maintenance, or even due to non-payment of the respective contracted plan.
My modem login password is not accepted. What to do?
If you do not accept the password, the system may not respond favorably to password changes for security reasons. In which case, the ideal is to contact the user service center, and receive support for the configuration of the modem. This must be done before starting to manipulate the device.
Does the Totalplay modem have any cost?
In theory no, at least not currently, however its care and general maintenance is essential, because in case of losing, breaking or damaging it, an amount will have to be paid for it.
Do not forget to take a look at the following suggestions that we leave for your review, after finishing this interesting reading on how to change the Totalplay wifi password:
- Configure Arris modem
- Change Wi-Fi Password Orange
- Configure Technicolor Izzi modem